10R Joseph St. Somerville, MA 02143
Kwelch153@gmail.com • 774.364.1038
A skilled writer and editor with three years of management experience in a non-profit setting. With a background in journalism, Kelleigh develops communication strategies from a storytelling lens, crafting narratives that are compelling to an audience that encourages engagement with the organization. Kelleigh has contributed to a variety of publications in the industries of outdoor recreation, environmental conservation, AV/pro audio, criminal justice reform, politics, travel and tourism, and art and architecture. As a media consultant, Kelleigh offers assistance to help brands navigate traditional and social media and target messaging and outreach to the proper audiences.
Appalachian Mountain Club Boston, MA
Director of Content September 2020–Present
- Manages content team, including website and blog, multimedia, design, and publications.
- Develops and implements content strategy with increased focus on digital presence of organization.
- Maintains branding and messaging through all channels of organization, including huts, lodges, visitor centers, online, and print.
- Collaborates with other departments to determine best content strategies to support marketing, fundraising, engagement, and brand awareness.
- Develops education content strategy for in house signage and displays across organization.
- Manages relationships with consultants and vendors to assist in development of major projects.
- Sets and maintains annual budget for content department.
- Developed content for organization’s website redesign in 2020 and continues to maintain updates according to set UX strategy.
- Led the development and execution of a pilot podcast, including contract and planning, advertising sales, recording and editing, and distribution.
Managing Editor, AMC Outdoors August 2018–September 2020
- Managed magazine team, developing editorial calendar, setting deadlines and staying up to date with progress of content to publish four issues a year.
- Led transition of magazine from print to online in 2020 as way to reach broader audience.
- Coordinated with content and marketing departments to plan distribution of articles through email and social media.
- Worked with design team on magazine layout, infographics, maps, and charts.
- Assisted with editorial process, including pitching article ideas, assigning and editing content, photo research, and posting to web.
- Contributed to writing articles, including news stories and larger features.
- Managed all administrative tasks, including freelancer budget, invoices and contracts, legal requirements, archiving content, and responding to letters to editor.
- Managed intern program, including hiring process, coordinating schedule and assignments, and assuring the intern has a valuable and educational experience working with AMC.
Melwood Global Boston, MA
Account Executive April 2016–August 2018
- Consulted clients to develop overall media, messaging, and public relations strategy, targeting local and national outlets.
- Consulted clients on crisis communications strategies and assisted with such strategies when needed.
- Analyzed and executed new strategies for client social media pages.
- Created content for clients through blog writing, audio and video editing, and magazine layout design.
- Managed internal projects including onboarding of new employees, the Melwood Global internship program, and office management.
- Assisted in RFP proposals and research to help attract new clients and drive new business.
Walks of New York New York, NY
Social Media Manager and Blog Writer (Freelance) January 2016–December 2018
- Managed company’s social media channels, sharing original and partner content to build audience and engagement.
- Wrote and edited original articles and travel guides about travel and tourism in NYC for company blog to drive engagement with website and social media.
Tour Guide (Part-Time) January 2016- April 2016
- Curated and led educational walking tours of the Metropolitan Museum of Art for groups of 15 or less.
NewBay Media New York, NY
Managing Editor, Systems Contractor News January 2015- April 2016
- Led production process of monthly print magazine, keeping writers on track to meet deadlines.
- Worked with art department to design layout, prepping content for print and proofing pages.
- Maintained strong online presence through social media, blogs, and daily newsletters.
- Wrote original and timely features for print and online.
- Developed relationships with sources within the AV industry and attended annual conventions, contributing to the production of trade show dailies.
Assistant Editor, Pro Sound News/ Pro Audio Review July 2012- December 2014
- Wrote original news and feature stories for print and online covering the pro audio industry.
- Assisted the managing editor with print magazine, copyediting, fact checking, and proofing content.
- Attended annual industry trade shows, contributing to the show’s daily magazine and meeting with sources.
- Piloted new publication, Music Festival Business, acting as chief editor from April 2013-December 2014.
GateHouse Media New England Framingham, MA
Editor/ Reporter, The Westborough News and MetroWest Daily News June 2010- July 2012
- Planned and created content for weekly publication covering local community news.
- Designed layout of weekly print edition, edited and formatted articles, and proofed pages.
- Reported on local news in Westborough, MA for weekly and daily publications.
Roger Williams University Bristol, RI
Bachelor of Arts in Communications, Concentration in Journalism Graduated May 2010
Bachelor of Arts in Art and Architectural History Cumulative GPA: 3.68
Management; Content and brand strategy; Public relations and messaging; Content marketing; Social media; Podcast production and management; Audio and video editing; Editorial management; Copywriting; Layout design; Magazine publishing; B2B publishing; Newspaper writing; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; Mac OSX; Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, InCopy, Premiere Pro; WordPress; Slickplan; QuarkXPress; Final Cut Pro; GN4; Meltwater; Cision; Facebook; Twitter; Instagram; Youtube; Vimeo; Simplecast
Appalachian Mountain Club
Volunteer Trip Leader (April 2017- Present)
Publicity Chair (July 2017- February 2018)
Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus
Young Professional Board Member (March 2017–December 2018)
YP Board Secretary (October 2017–December 2018)
Open House New York
Tour Guide (October 2012- October 2015)
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Member Services Volunteer (August 2013- January 2015)